The very interesting and nice Fangirls On The Road have nominated me for a blogger recognition award- thanks, Sam and Frodo 🙂
This award was created by the book blog Edge of Night.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing.
Uh… well, first I cried at In My Time Of Dying, then I cried at All Hell Breaks Loose, then I cried at A Very Supernatural Christmas, then I cried at Mystery Spot, then I cried at No Rest For The Wicked, and seven seasons and two months later I decided to blog about my pet obsession. Mostly because my friends were starting to give me the side-eye whenever I went on a rant about how the apocalypse really wasn’t Sam’s fault.
Advice To New Bloggers:
- Be nice. This loosely translates as, if you ship Destiel and they ship Samifer, acknowledge that you are both of equal standing and, having marked your territory, diplomatically converse.
- If you’re going to make a claim, I beg of you, back it up. I once read a review of ABHL part one that wondered vaguely whether Sam would really have died from being stabbed at the base of his spine. Yes, yes he would have. Take it from someone who wrote a freakin’ book about assassins: the surest way to kill someone is to sever the spinal cord in the cervical area.
- For God’s sake use grammar. Typos are one thing, total omittance quite another.
- Post regularly.
- Search tags to find other people who ship your ships and pash your passions.
- I’m allowed to tamely fake-swear all I freakin’ want, and that means you are too.
- Be proud of your allegiances. Some people are fifteen-year-old Superlockian Fannibal Potterhead Narnian Tributes. Get over it.
- By Hook Or By Book ~ Book Reviews, News, & Other Stuff
- The Desert Bibliophile
- Sherlocks Home
- Avid Reader
- Geek Memes
So, uh, this is awkward, but that’s literally all I can think of at the moment. I’ll add to the list as I go on, but for now, just, you know, don’t count them.